Pages

Friday, April 10, 2020

Meet Aiji Graham


Welcome to the Team!

We're excited to introduce first year team member, Aiji Graham, from Denver, Colorado! VT100 will be his third 100 miler. Let's take a peek into Aiji's life to get to know him a bit better!!


What is your connection to Adaptive Sports? And why are you choosing to fundraise?
I like the mission statement and the ability to help others have fun on the mountain! I am also a retired Naval Officer, and I like that Vermont Adaptive supports Veterans.

Have you gone the distance of a 100 or 100k?
Yes! I've completed the Leadville Race Series in 2017. The Vermont 100 will be my 3rd 100!
What is your earliest running memory?
I ran in the early morning with a friend in elementary school. I didn't really know why we were running or for what reason.

Enough about running....tell us about you!
I'm a pilot for JetBlue and also flew C-130's for the Navy. I have a newborn runner, born in February, it's hard to find good running shoes for newborns! I have a puppy, named Penny and a crew member for life, my wife, Meredith. I think I have ADD, because, I participate in way too many outdoor activities to list!! :)

If you could pick a Hollywood actor to play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
Rob Schneider! Because he's funny and a conservative actor!!! :)

What are you goals for the Vermont 100?
To exceed my fundraising goals and get a finish injury free!

Thanks Aiji for sharing some tidbits about you! And huge Thank you for your service to our Country! Wishing you the healthiest and happiest Vermont 100 race! We are so excited to have you on TR2E!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment