Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Fundraising Tips by Jenn

Fundraising Tips by TR2E Jenn

Jenn Mclaughlin


Jenn hails from Sunapee, NH and works for Medtronic, specializing in Local Medical education for them. She runs the cadaver labs to teach surgeons their procedures. Jenn covers the East Coast down to Atlanta and over to Ohio. She has an amazing family of 6 - her husband is an Ironman, her oldest daughter is an almost 21 junior at UVM and her two older boys are 19 and 18 are taking a year off to decide what they want to do. Her youngest is 9, and volunteered at last year's VT50 (and the VT100 lottery). Jenn's family loves the outdoors and they are currently building a new house. 

This is Jenn's 3rd year on Team Run 2 Empower, and she raised over $5,000 in her first two years on the Team.  She is currently 11th on the all-time Vermont Adaptive fundraising list for VT100 runners.

What is your connection to Vermont Adaptive?

My son is autistic and needs some help with adaptive equipment for everyday. I want to give back and help others enjoy the great outdoors like we do.

Jen, you've crushed fundraising over the last few years - what tips to success can you share with others?
I am lucky in the fact that my company has a corporate donation match program. They match dollar for dollar on donations over $25. I have used them to match all my donations. Also those I work with who helped and made a donation have also used the match program.

The amount of time and effort involved is very minimal. I make sure to let Amy know what amounts I put in for matches and when they process. Then she adds it to my fundraising total.

I am also lucky in the fact that for my volunteering hours to a charity I get a $500 grant given to the charity. The fact that my company puts so much into our giving back they help make it a no brainer for me to give my time and money to charities of my choice.

I would suggest you looking into if your company if they do a corporate match for donations or for volunteering to help your fundraising efforts.

I hope this helps you with your fundraising goals for VT Adaptive 2020 goals!! I am in the process of getting almost $2,000 matched from my giving and my volunteer hours.


Thanks Jenn for sharing your fundraising tips with us!! Looking forward to seeing you crush the VT100 k this year! Thanks for all your fundraising efforts for the past three years!

No comments:

Post a Comment